Background

twitter

Automatically Get New Posts? Enter Your Email!

Friday, April 17, 2015

Applause For the Single Mom...No Seriously, Way To Go!

So I'm manning the ship solo this week. #PrayForMyChildren

My partner in crime has been gone for three days, and there are still three more to go. In the days since he has left, I have lined up a buyer for my house, put a contract on a new house, manhandled a kid who succumbed to the dreaded Strep Throat, and of course put in the daily 6:00am-8:30pm work hours that included cooking, cleaning, taxi driving, homework helping, and bedtime routine-ing.


Oh yeah, and it's been raining for five days straight (and is supposed to rain for at least three more).


Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful for the workload and for three healthy kids who keep me busy. But man, this single-mom thing is hard.

I find myself thinking hourly about how soon my hubby will be home, and then I find myself thinking about the moms I know (and the ones I don't) who don't have a countdown. The moms who do the whole mom thing day in and day out without reprieve, without a teammate. 

Let me be the first to say, and say clearly: THOSE ARE SOME AMAZINGLY STRONG WOMEN.

Single moms are single for a myriad of reasons, and usually their stories involve pain and hurt in some form or fashion. What amazes me, at least for the single moms I know, is how they find love for their children that's bigger than their pain, and how they continue to give of themselves even when they're hurting. Even when they're tired. Even when they want to crawl in bed and close the curtains and throw in the towel.

They wear multiple hats. They play different roles in their children's lives. They work hard, definitely harder than I do! They wake early and close their eyes to sleep late and are tired a lot. They sacrifice, many times to extremes, to provide for their children. They carry the weight of parenthood alone, and they are awesome.

Single moms, be encouraged. We notice all you do. We champion you and want to support you as you shepherd your little ones toward the cross of Christ. And they notice, too, or at least they will one day. 
"Her children rise up and call her blessed!" - Prov. 31:28a
And your Heavenly Father notices. He is so proud of you and He wants to bring you rest that only comes from knowing and trusting in Him.
"Come to Me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." - Matt. 11:28-30
Basically, what I'm saying, sweet single mama, is that you're the bomb.com. #YesIJustWroteThat #Don'tBeHaters

As for the Watts clan, be praying for my sanity and for my children's emotional well-being. This mom puts the "fun" in "dysfunctional," that's for sure!


Feel free to laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment